If you’re like most people, you probably think that fixing your HVAC system is a simple task. After all, how hard can it be to do yourself? The truth is that installing an HVAC system is not as easy as it seems. If you’re not a professional HVAC technician, you could end up doing more damage than good by connecting the wrong parts or injuring yourself in the process.
So why take the risk and attempt to do something that wastes your most valuable resources? Instead, why not hire a professional to install your HVAC system for you? Trust us, it’s worth it! Not only will they get the job done right, but they’ll also make sure that your system is running safely and efficiently.
Below are five compelling arguments for hiring a professional and investing in installation services you can trust. You’ll find each reason valid because it saves you time, money, energy or all three. By the time you’ve finished reading the article, you’ll know why DIY isn’t necessarily the best option.
Why DIY is Not Always the Answer
There are many reasons you shouldn’t attempt to DIY an HVAC system installation or put the project in the hands of a friend of a friend. You want to know that your furnace and air conditioner work optimally. The only way to make that happen is to hire a company that knows more about heating, ventilation, and air conditioning than you and your family friends do. Calling an HVAC expert first thing ensures that the installation goes safely and smoothly while entitling you to all the guarantees and warranties offered by the company and manufacturer of your new furnace and air conditioner.
You are Not Qualified to Do the Job Yourself
Experts possess the knowledge, skills, training, and expertise that the average person doesn’t have today. They’ve undergone rigorous training and are licensed and insured to do the job safely. If you or someone you know tries to install the HVAC system only to injure yourselves, it could have disastrous results. You’ll wish that you listened to the advice we’ve given and called a company to handle your request for you.
Repairing the HVAC System Yourself Will Cost More
You’ll spend time and money acquiring the supplies and materials needed to complete the job. You won’t get a discount because you’re not a professional working in the industry. If you make a mistake while completing the installation process, you’ll eat the cost of fixing it again. You may even seek the assistance of an HVAC expert following an attempt at DIY, making the project a much great expense than you originally thought it would be in the past.
There are multiple things you lose when you attempt to cut corners and attempt to do something you know nothing about. They are:
- A loss of time. It’s the most valuable resource of all, and it’s not something you can replace. Once you spend time, it’s gone forever. Since installing an HVAC system is not your area of expertise, wouldn’t you rather focus your time on something else that you’re more skilled at doing. It benefits you and your household to reach out to a professional just as soon as you have the time to do so.
- A loss of money. If you make a mistake, someone else will need to fix it for you. That means that you’ll be paying more money than you expected when you first started working on the job. Not only have you now lost the time you could have spent doing something else more productive, but you’ve also lost eh money that you can’t recover. It’s a losing battle if you think about it.
- A loss of energy. Doing hard work that you’re not prepared to do is exhausting. It puts you in physical distress. If you notice that you’re not feeling near as energetic as you did at the start of the project, it’s because you’re deleting your energy preserves. Wouldn’t you prefer to hire someone who knows their way around an HVAC system? You can put effort into other tasks that you’re better at completing independently. That way, you get a higher return on your energy, time, and money investment.
- The inability to reasonably fix an issue you encounter. If a problem pops up, you’ll likely not know how to get around it the way a professional HVAC installer would today. It’s another reason why you should trust a professional to do the work for you. When you do, you can rest assured that any challenges that take place get properly identified and remedied by the expert. It’s less of a burden on you that way.
- A delay in completing the project, causing you and your household to become frustrated. It can be very problematic if you don’t have a working heater or air conditioner to rely on. When temperatures change, you won’t have access to cooler or warmer air. You’ll need to make sacrifices to get by until you can have a professional install the HVAC system for you. It’s not something you want to put your family through if you can avoid it.
Although you may believe that you can watch a video or two and have the entire installation process nailed down, but that isn’t the case. There are reasons why HVAC professionals undergo the training that they do to become licensed. It requires a very specific skill set to complete the job correctly. Sure, you may find it possible to install an HVAC system for cheaper than what you’d pay a professional. How much time did you lose in the process, though?
You Don’t Have the Necessary Tools or Experience to Work on HVAC Systems
Again, this amounts to greater time and money expended. Hiring a professional ensures that the project starts right away. There’s no waste of time going from one place to the next acquiring the supplies and materials needed to complete the job. Instead, the professional contractor gets to work on the project right away, meaning you have access to your new HVAC system sooner.
Your Home Energy Bill Lowers with Correct Installation Processes
Certain models of HVAC systems have higher energy savings capabilities. Imagine paying for a system that gradually decreases your home energy bills month after month, year after year. It essentially pays for itself! The service technician you hire to do the installation for you makes suggestions on systems that save you money. It’s the knowledge that you wouldn’t have access to otherwise.
The Service Technician Makes Sure Things are Running Correctly
If there is a problem getting the HVAC system working correctly, the service tech will identify the issue. They begin to work on it so that it won’t be a barrier to comfort temperatures inside your home. If you don’t know anything about heaters, air conditioners, or ventilation systems, you run the risk of needing repair work to correct an issue right away. Before the professional leaves your home, they test things to ensure they’re operating correctly.
Some of the most common problems that occur with HVAC systems include:
- Dirty filters and parts. Having your newly installed system cleaned routinely is something we highly recommend. It extends the lifespan of the HVAC system.
- Restricted airflow. Improperly fitting ducts or closed vents may be the culprit. A dirty filter can also cause blockages.
- Low coolant. If your air conditioner blows hot air after being installed, it’s due to low levels of the cooling agent. A professional will inspect the AC and replace the coolant so that it’s full once again.
- Pilot light issues. If the furnace won’t turn on, it’s probably because the pilot light blew out. You can have the service tech light it for you relatively easily.
- Leaking ducts and water damage. When ducts don’t get sealed well, they allow water to flow out of them. Due to water damage, mold, and mildew, it can lead to thousands of dollars in repairs.
Now that you’ve had a chance to consider all the things that could potentially happen if you fail to hire the right professional for the job, you’ll be ready to get your new HVAC system installed. It’s one less thing you’ll worry about when maintaining your household. Instead, you’ll be able to enjoy a temperature-controlled environment at the flip of a switch, the press of a button, or voice command.
Get the Help That You Need from a Knowledgeable and Skilled HVAC System Professional
Delaware Heating and Air is the company to call for all your HVAC needs. We’re qualified to do installation work and have the necessary equipment and experience to help you save money on your energy bills. Most importantly, we can ensure your system is running safely and efficiently so it’s an asset, not a liability, for your family.
So what are you waiting for today? Contact a professional HVAC technician to schedule your professional installation! Getting your new HVAC system installed is a quick and easy process when done by an expert. Best of all, it offers you all the guarantees and warranties offered with the purchase of a new furnace, air conditioner, and ductwork.